Years ago, I went to Weight Watchers. I probably need to go again, but while I was there, I picked up this delicious 6 ingredient soup recipe. For those of you that are familiar with the point system, you can have 1 cup of this flavorful soup, for 3 points! The combination of the ingredients is so creamy and full of spice and vegetables, and absolutely no added salt! The creaminess of the soup comes from Light Velveeta cheese. I could honestly eat this soup everyday. It’s perfect for a cold winter night, but I have eaten it all Summer too!
How do you all like my new background board? Our good friend Mike Kleban is so talented! He actually made this for me! I love the color and the texture. He has also informed me, that he has a white washed one in the works for me! I can’t thank you enough Mike, for doing this. You better be careful what you say yes to, I might want one in every color.
Weight Watchers Soup
• 3 cans fat free chicken broth
• 4 medium size Idaho potatoes
• 1 white onion chopped
• 3 links of hot Italian turkey sausage, if you don't like the soup really spicy, use mild Italian turkey sausage.
• 10 oz of Light Velveeta Cheese, cubed
• 1 can Rotel tomatoes
1. In a soup or stock pan, take sausage out of casings and crumble and brown, drain the oil.
2. Chop onion and add to sausage mixture, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Peel the potatoes and chop into small chunks. Add the potatoes to the sausage.
4. Over medium heat, add the chicken broth to the mixture.
5. Add the Rotel tomatoes.
6. Cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
7. Add the Velveeta, until melted and heated through.