Wondering what to do with leftover taco ingredients? Make a Taco Frittata! Pete and I had tacos the other night for dinner, and instead of having tacos again the next night, I came up with this delicious Frittata! This is the perfect Saturday, or lazy Sunday morning, breakfast. You could also have this for lunch or dinner, with a nice salad on the side. The nice thing about this recipe is, you just throw it all in a pan, cook for a few minutes on the stove, then, just finish it in the oven, until its all puffed up, cheesy, and golden brown, yummy, I want some right now!
I’m so excited, we get to go to NYC in March, for my Birthday. I can’t wait to see our boys! We are staying someplace we’ve never stayed before, called the High line Hotel. Years ago, it was an old Theological Seminary. It only has sixty rooms. It’s always kind of scary, staying in a place that you’ve never stayed before, but what the heck, this year I’m ready for all kinds of new adventures. Not only do we get to see our boys and their girlfriends, an old Flight Attendant friend of mine, is driving into the city on March 17th. I have not seen her since 1980! I’m so excited to reconnect and talk about old times! Like for instance, both of my roommates had dates the whole time we lived in NYC. We lived in a little studio apartment on East 38th St. between Lexington and 3rd. I had one date in six months! I love NYC, but living there for six months was long enough for me! I personally need my wide open spaces, but I sure love to visit!
Let me know what you think of this Taco Frittata. This would be the perfect breakfast for you to make this weekend. I hate to rub it in again, but it was 81 degrees here yesterday! I know, I know, you all feel sorry for me right? You can remind me later this Summer, about August, when it’s 115 degrees here and I’m sweating my you know what off!
Recipe by Stacey Evans
• 1/2 pound of hamburger cooked
• 1 pkg McCormick taco seasoning
cook according to directions with
• 1 large yellow onion chopped
• 2 garlic cloves chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• 6 slices of provolone cheese
chopped, or 3/4 cup of any
cheese you have in your
• 8 eggs beaten
• 1/4 cup milk
• 2Tbs. butter
• 1 tsp. sea salt
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large frying pan over medium heat, add butter and cooked hamburger and taco seasoning mixture.
3. Next in large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, garlic, onion, cilantro, cheese, and salt and pepper.
4. Add egg mixture to the hamburger and stir, cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Take off stove, and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or just until golden and puffed.
5. Let sit for 3 minutes and slice and serve.