This is the perfect drink for a cold winter night. I created this drink last week with some Cinnamon butter syrup, rum, coffee, and heavy cream. If you can’t find the syrup, just add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, to 4 Tbs. regular syrup, and add 1 tsp. of sweetened condensed milk. I really do feel for all of my friends and family, who are weathering this winter in the Midwest, and the Northeast. Living here in Arizona, I really miss the change of seasons, and if you can believe it, I really miss the snow! Pete and I are actually freezing right now, it’s only going to be 61 degrees today! We are sitting inside with a fire! I know you all feel sorry for me! To all of you out there, wherever you are, try this drink tonight, and I promise you, it will warm you all the way down to your toes!
This is also the perfect Valentine drink for you and your sweetie!
Hot Rum Toddy
Recipe by Stacey Evans
makes 2 drinks
• Store bought vanilla frosting, or vanilla butter cream frosting to rim the glass
• Sprinkles to rim the glass
• 1 cup of rum, dark or light
• 1 cup of hot black coffee
• 1/2 cup of heavy cream
• 4 Tbs of cinnamon syrup
Ingredients for the cinnamon syrup if you can't find it.
• 4 Tbs. regular maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 tsp of sweetened condensed
• Mix together
1. Rim two large coffee cups with vanilla frosting.
2. Place sprinkles of your choice onto a plate, dip rims of coffee cups into sprinkles.
3. Add 1/2 cup of rum in each cup.
4. Add 2 Tbs. syrup in each cup
5. Add 1/2 cup of hot coffee into each cup.
6. Add 1/4 cup of heavy cream into each cup.
7. Mix together with a cinnamon stick.